Monday, March 3, 2008

Upcoming shows

I was accepted in the Spring Daze Festival in Cary, NC. It is a juried show, however I have no idea how it differs from a regular festival where you just pay for a booth and are in, next to god knows who.
(I was in the middle of 2 food venders once, lets just say I will never order food from one of those festivals based on what I observed)

Anyway, I am also planning on selling at the local Farmer's Market on Saturdays. Maybe just set up half my display. (I am iffy on this one)

And one more the Orange Street Festival. I really like that one, because well I do really well there.
Three years ago I won third place for my setup and got a hundred dollar check, then had to break down and not even show up for the second day because, my dad passed away at 3pm on the first day.
2 years ago I attended that one when I was pregnant and really hurt my foot bad, there.
hmmmm maybe I should avoid that one huh? :)

I think those three should be good enough for a start - esp since my youngest is still quite young.
I am thinking my 4 year old could help me sell at the Farmer's Market, he might enjoy that - If not he can sit at Grandma's each week.

Today I painted half of my shelves. I am in no hurry but they definitely need the overhaul since I haven't pulled them out in over about 2 years.

I need to set everything up to make sure I have enough merchandise. I am nervous about that.
and I need to make a few more necklace holders.

No comments: