Thursday, October 4, 2007

Someone mentioned in a forum post about how organized one keeps their workspace. Well my answer (as well as many others) is not very organized at all. Here is a picture of my bench. I did not clean it up a bit for the photo. I love it though, it suits me and I can find things when I need them.
My husband and my dad built my studio for me, I am forever grateful, it is my santuary. It has electricity, of course, the yellow stripes are where wires are running so I don't hang something there and get electrocuted the blue stripes at the top are where the studs are, so If I am hanging something heavy I know where to put the nail. There is a tv cable running out there, though it isn't hooked up, there is a phone line running out there, there is a water line running out there, though that isn't hooked up either right now, hopefully soon. We set the other half up with a couch, TV and colored flooring for the kids, do you think they use it, No Way. Baby won't stay over there, even if we had up a gate, he wouldn't stand being by himself, though my older one would sit and watch TV the vcr broke. The flooring is made of that rubber matting, it is very cushioned, I love walking out there barefoot (Watch out for metal shards!). Thats about it.
Here is the outside, beautiful isn't it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

you're so lucky. :) I hope one day to have a studio. My hubby get pretty irritated with my constantly taking over the house with my crafts. *lol*

Brownies Vintage said...

Looks way more organized than mine. You would have a heart attack if you saw my "work space". It's in massive need of an overhaul.

Ginger said...

I WANT ONE! I'm in my basement, granted it's a walkout with big windows so don't feel too badly for me.