Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Daze - my adventure

Thursday night, Ayden sleeps poorly, thus mama sleeps poorly. No biggie I am ok on little sleep.
Friday, I get up at 5:30 am (after sleeping poorly) and get to work in my studio, I make quite a bit of enamel pieces (none of which I sold :( - that is how it goes though).
I come in at 12:20 for lunch, then Richard and I load up the Van will all my stuff - tent, displays, jewelry, everything.
then we leave to go to Wake Forrest to stay with my Brother. We get halfway there (3 hour drive, so it had been 1 hour 30 minutes) I realized I left the vendor pass at home. We frantically called my mom to get us a phone number to see if we were going to have to turn back. it took about 20 minutes (we did turn around) when we got ahold of the main lady and she said it was OK and put us on the exceptions list and told us our booth number. Ayden slept for almost 3 hours on the trip there.
So we get to Chris's house, they have Lasagna for us to eat., yummy. Taylor and Justin were so happy and played well. Taylor snatched something from Ayden's hands twice and it made Ayden pucker up and cry and run to me, so pitiful. Debra made taylor say sorry and give the toy back.
That night Ayden and I slept in the Bonus room, (we went to sleep at 10) we slept well Until 4am when we had to get up. Justin and Richard slept in the guest bedroom, where you can hear Taylor crying and screaming for his mommy at 1am, This seems to be a recurring theme with him. He kept Richard up for an hour. Then finally Chris and Debra get him back to sleep.
Richard, Ayden and I got up at 4am, Get ready and get on the road to Cary (almost an hour drive), Ayden sleeps the whole way there.
meanwhile we left Justin at Chris and Debra's, Chris had to get up at 5 to go to work.
Debra (and her friend Betty) took Justin and Taylor to Pullen Park, where they rode the train, and carousel and had a good time. Taylor had only about 8 drop seizures, he had his helmet on and didn't get hurt.
At the festival, we got there at 6:20, and got checked in(I have never had to check in to a festival before) then we went to our spot and unloaded, then Ayden woke up and decided to help us set up, he is so cute pulling pvc poles over and trying to stick them in the footing holes. He stayed right with us and thouroughly impressed those around us with how good he was.
I sold a decent amount - not as much as I would have liked, but I believe I made a tiny profit - If you don't figure any of my time in, just materials, gas and booth fee.
Taking credit cards is awesome and the best decision I have ever made.
One lady was about to purchase my gold potpourri, then when she realized it was $530 decided not to since she thought it was $53 - uh no it is gold! and as scrap I can probably get $300 for it, which I may go ahead and send it in.
so yeah that was disappointing. Richard took Ayden to the park, and walking around, and I took him walking around, and he slept for the last 2 hours we were there. He was quite easy to deal with, but I felt kinda bad, it was 85 degrees!
I got a little sunburn but not bad, Richard and Ayden got sunblock on early enough that they were fine, I just forgot.
So at the end we pack up and head for Chris and Debra's stayed for about an hour (ate and such) then packed up our clothes and the kids and head home, Justin slept and Ayden was not happy - he had already slept, but he finally passed out. Got home around 11, put the boys to bed and went to bed myself.
Whew it was fun.

No comments: