Sunday, February 8, 2009

Frustrated

I am stressing, I am sure more than I should be.

I have never set up in a store before.

I do have very limited space to work with.

My items are going in a glass case next to other people's jewelry. I am so self conscious that it isn't good enough. That it is flawed and looks bad.

I want to display them so they look good and stand out in a good way. I bought some real nice white standing necklace displays and some real nice flat ones.
I know I will use these. But my issue is the earring display. I don't want to copy what I have seen others do, but it looks so good. I do need to show my name and have them easy to put in a box when bought.
Putting them on cards and writing my name beside the earrings is what alot of jewelers do. It works well, but then I look like a copycat and I want to look different.
Maybe there is no way to look different and have it work well.
I am hesitant to use my little blue earring stands for 2 reasons, one is the store worker will have to transfer it to a card and then put it into a box. The other is my name is not 'all over the place' like I would like for it to be. Oh make that 3 - I have a few earrings which are larger than the stand.
I think the card is the only option.

As mentioned below I need some kind of written propaganda which is thorough yet informative about me, and only takes up a small space.
Tall order. This is why I am stressed.
I need all this done by tomorrow. The grande opening of the store is next Saturday the 14th.
Though the store is open now.

I am thinking of using these, my hand made dislays (painted a different color (most likely blue) but they are for my outside booth and thus a little rough around the edges. The clear one is what I am talking about, it is orange right now.
http://sebordeaux.blogspot.com/2008/03/display-tweaks.html

No comments: