Sunday, November 16, 2008

Inspiration

I don't get to my studio often, but the last couple of times I have been so uninspired that nothing manifested itself from my hands.
Yesterday I realized part of the problem. While playing with my kids on the trampoline, I just sat there for a moment with them running circles around me. and it struck me, I miss nature.
I looked out to see the leaves blowing in the wind like snowflakes, covering the ground like a beautiful multicolored blanket, and that wind was intoxicating in and of itself. It was not hot, it was not cold, the sun was not out, but it was beautiful and magical, with the grey clouds swirling overhead.

I need to get out more. Nature is my spiritual base, and I am separated from it lately.

I have a friend who lives in the mountains of NC. She posts pictures of where she lives every now and then. The place she is in calls to my spirit. I want to be there so very badly.
rolling hills as far at the eye can see, mountain tops overlooking more rolling hills and peaks. gorgeous!
This environment calls to me more than the ocean. I love the ocean and the beach, but it doesn't have the same sparkle for me.
The closest it has come was a morning when the water was as calm as a lake. I paddled out on my surfboard anyway. As I sat straddling the board on that still water, watching the sun rise over the ocean, and the gulls passing overhead, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the beauty and sheer majesty of where I was.

I need to get back to that place and don't know how, I am sure there is more to where I live than the beach, If I can just find it.

1 comment:

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Isn't it funny how we frequently want what we don't have? I would live where you are in a New York minute, the ocean and beach are my comfort place but currently it is city living for me instead. Someday we will both get to where we want to be I'm sure :)

Funny thing too, I just posted today about appreciating the Little Things In Life.

You have a great blog!