Friday, January 9, 2009

Crochet

This is a bit of a picture post. A couple of months before christmas, I got inspired by several people.

Bridget -knit
Gina - crochet
and Lemon - both

these people all used yarn to express themselves creatively.
I wanted to do the same. Of course in my own way. So I learned how to knit. I started with scarves and quickly grew tired of that. so I moved to making a hat. I love the hat I made (first pic) but I found I did not like to knit. I already had some crochet background and just simply love that more.
So off I moved to crochet. I made a blanket when I was in college - it is my sons beloved BGB (big green blanket) I also made him a round blanket and have an unfinished blue one.
but on to the present...
I began with a hat. It sucked. (no pic)
Then I made another hat - (the one with the pom pom on top) I love that one, so thick and warm!
Then I made the red and white hat pictured below. I learned a new stitch with this. I have never done different stitches before, I love the effect. This is a small hat, it would fit a 6 month old, though it is tighter around the base, I am not sure I like that about it.

By this time I got tired of hats, I sure do grow tired of things quickly enough, don't I?

So I made a pumpkin for thanksgiving. It is so cute. I then wanted to make more animals and toys.
Also I have no money for christmas presents, so I thought I would just crochet an animal for each person to meet his/her personality.
I made a dragon for my favorite little 4 year old girl. I am told she likes dragons. I really like how it turned out, I wish I had gotten a picture.
I made a purple dolphin for Bridget (she loves purple and dolphins)
again no pic
I made ladybug magnets for Bridget's MIL and SIL and for my mom and my SIL.
They were rather random but cute, again no pic.
But my favorite items are my last couple of pics, I made these for my boys.
My youngest, whom I affectionately call "monster" loves monsters so I made him a monster, my older son picked out the color for it.
And my last project was a Lizard for my older son, who loves spending his time outside catching lizards! and his favorite color is green.

enjoy the pics. I am resting from crochet for now.

Oh also pictured below is a camera case I made for my new camera, not pretty but very funtional.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your creations! That monster is adorable. I will take some pictures of baby dragon and purple dolphin for you to have. I think it is important to have those just for your own recollection. Little J sleeps with baby dragon every night. I think you did a great job with those.You really have a knack for making toys. It is funny what we are drawn to and how we instinctively have our own take on it. I was just discussing this with my boss. She makes jewelry but so do several others at work, as well as you. All of you make completely unique and different types of stuff. You really tend to be drawn to animals and bugs. I think that is cool. You have many cool ways of recreating them. Keep it up!