Monday, April 13, 2009

conservatives and religion

I am quite getting tired of conservatives saying that it is a breakdown of the religious (christian) structure in America which has caused alot of our current problems. Seems to me if they were to embrace "atheists" (as the common blanket term) - maybe the movement could extend to a larger group of people. One can have conservative values and not be Christian!
Its OK for one to have that religious structure in their life, I would say most people need THAT sort of spirituality to feel whole, but many people have found their own spiritual path that isn't radical and isn't Christian and isn't Atheist.
There are so many beautiful ways to feel spiritual out there, I wish conservatives wouldn't alienate people who aren't Christian.

And I keep hearing this message over and over and over.

I think the term conservative is taking on a new meaning which should embrace a larger crowd. "The Republican Party" just has a nasty ring to it now. Religion for some reason has a strong resonance with the Republican party, I think that is a huge flaw with the party and turns many would be conservatives away.

No comments: